Board Champion: Maurice Wilson
Next Meeting: TBD.
Active EFA Members: VABO- VA Health- County of San Diego- NVTSI/Reboot- MCBCP- CTAP- CalVet- zero8hundred- FFSC- New Horizon Learning Center- Workshop for Warriors- Job Corps.- Able-Disabled- RosieNetwork- National University- Point Loma Nazarene University- Ashford University- Onward 2 Opportunity- HHUSA- Hire GI- Work for Warriors- Wounded Warrior Project- Goodwill- Easter Seals- BRAVE- VVSD- EDD.
Purpose: The EFA will serve as the conduit of information & catalyst for activity in all SDVC endeavors related to Employment, Entrepreneurship and Financial stability of our Veteran population in the San Diego county area.
Our efforts will connect Veterans and Employers to critical jobs in priority sectors as well as to facilitate entrepreneurial development of Veterans and/or their family members. To support this, we will deliver timely, effective, and value-added information about the resources and services related to supporting our Veterans and their support network. Our actions will stimulate and promote economic growth and financial stability in our Veteran Community.
Measured Outcome: The initiation of a database with a minimum of 100 employers/entrepreneurial opportunities vetted by the SDVC.
Financial and Employment Action Group Deliverables for 2016:
- Work with the 5 Top Priority Growth Sectors in San Diego to develop a Veteran Outreach Initiative the supports our economy – Done!
- Develop a conduit that provides information about these sectors – both for pre-and post-transition – Done!
- Identify and List Veteran friendly employers and Entrepreneurial options in the region – Done!
- Support the successful launch and operation of the MVRC in Escondido & National City – Done!
- Assist in the successful Implementation of the Veterans Economic Communities Initiative (VECI) in San Diego County – Done!
- Support the launch and growth of the Veterans Community Connections initiative – Done!