Here are the “Rapid Fire” Highlights from the PEH Meeting Chat (full transcript attached):
- The Long Beach VA Veterans Connect Committee is hosting a Hike, Bike, Boat, & BBQ tomorrow at 8 am Newport Beach Aquatic Center
- Debra Cox, American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces Outreach Lead; supporting active and veteran military members; greatest need: assisting organizations that support our active and veteran military members
- Sarah Falcone from Vet’s Community Connections. VCC connects the military community with local resources here in San Diego County. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassandra Johnson here from Courage to Call a military/veteran/family member support non-profit program under TURN Behavioral Health Services https://www.courage2call.org/ my office # 858-636-3604 and email is email@example.com would love to connect with you. Please. 24-7 Helpline 877-698-7838.
- Elizabeth Berg, Executive Director of Healing Wave Aquatics. Our mission is to support individual wellness and management of complex stress through aquatic therapy. Our 8-week program supports veterans, active duty military with PTSD as well as their caregivers.
- Jesenia Sanchez. Family Health Centers of San Diego – Health Care for the Homeless offers free health care services to people experiencing homelessness and without health insurance. (619) 515-2495
- Sue Munz/GDA: Guide Dogs of America is looking for puppy raisers. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (858)487-3247 I have 25 free tickets available to the minor league Storm baseball game on 5/5 at 7:00 pm. GDA would like to donate these tickets to any veteran who would like to attend “GDA Night at the Baseball Park”. This will be a fun event at the Storm Stadium in Lake Elsinore. The Storm is the SD Padres minor league feeder team. If you would like to have tickets, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
- Andrew Blume – Operation Connect Graduate – Reboot Graduate – Army Veteran – Son of WWII Navy Veteran – Volunteer Veteran on the VA Whole Health Committee Building a Wellness Collaborative Ranch for Homeless and challenged (Veterans, Youth, Seniors, & Families) a Mobile Podcasting/Production Studio & Wellness Clinic and Rebuilding our Veteran & Youth Success TV Networks. Seeking collaboration/partnerships, land locations, corporations, Volunteers, Interns, for our Pilot expansion Wellness Collaborative Ranch (Homeless and challenged Veterans, Youth, Seniors, & Families). Providing funding for non profits and all corporations involved in collaborating while supporting those challenged. Contact me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewblume Or direct text/voice 619 961 9432
- Alexis Anderson, Program Manager of Community Health & Engagement at Community Health Improvement Partners (CHIP), firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-828-6551. I’m currently working with UCSD on their community engagement contract with BHS to bring the voices of unserved and underserved individuals to the table to help guide the County as they continue to reshape the BHS landscape in San Diego County. In the next few months we will be conducting focus groups, listening sessions, and interviews – would love all your input!
- Barbara Peralta – Military Order of the World Wars. sandiego-moww.org
- Steve Dilley M.F.A. The Veterans Art Project.: Steve Dilley E. D. The Veterans Art Project vetart.org
- John Moisant, Chief Marketing Officer for HealthyU Behavioral Health (Sober Life Recovery Solutions) www.soberlifesd.com www.healthyusd.com Fully in-network provider for adults and adolescents for mental health and substance abuse diagnosis. Treating active duty, retired, and service connected veterans. john@Soberlifesd.com or text/call 720-999-2466
- Sarah Falcone: I have included the link to MYTTT 365 (My Transition Timeline), if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to me email@example.com https://cmvr.infojiniconsulting.com/
- Amy Richards-Vets’ Community Connections: Thank you all for sharing, I need to hop off to get ready for another meeting. Take care!
- Gary Rossio: Email is firstname.lastname@example.org and cell is 858-386-2294. USAF Veteran, former CEO at VAMC San Diego (SES retired (flag level in VA)) and am very supportive of the collaborative work you are doing on a daily basis. Keep up the good work.
- Victoria: Hi All, I am the granddaughter of a WWII veteran, a VietNam Veteran and the mother of a soon to be enlisted son. This is my first PEH meeting, I am hoping to become a member of SDVC. Briefly, I educate veterans on a non-invasive at home pain management device that is available at the VA at no Charge to the Veteran. In addition, I would like to volunteer with and help support all of the different groups on this call.
Let’s get collaborating on how we can all help each other achieve our goals and meet our needs!
If you didn’t get a chance to join us:
Next PEH meeting will be on May 19th – 10 AM
Next SDVC General Meeting is on May 5th – 8:30 – 10:30
County of San Diego, North Inland Live Well Center
(649 W. Mission Ave, Escondido, CA, 92025).
In-Person Event! See you there!
Want to be a part of the fun?
Here’s how you can apply for SDVC MEMBERSHIP:
Remember to visit:
Share your events and see what your community partners
are doing and how you can support them!